Overview Of Human Bites
- Generally takes place when one individual bites another or somebody comes in contact with another person’s teeth.
- A human bite can be more fatal than an animal bite.
- Human bites have a bigger risk of infection.
- The risk is increased because of germs that are existing in the mouth.
- The risk of damage to the ligaments and joints are also increased.
- More common among kids.
Symptoms Of Humans Bites
- This is caused by puncture wounds to the skin.
- Human bites occur when the skin breaks.
- The skin might appear to be cut.
- Bleeding might occur if the teeth marks are deep.
Treatment For Human Bites
- Make sure the casualty is calm.
- If bleeding is not that serious, rinse the wound.
- When rinsing the wound, use a mild soap.
- Make sure you clean the wound with running water for about 3 minutes.
- Place an antibiotic ointment on the bite.
- Bandage the wound using a disinfected gauze.
- If you notice that the bleeding is serious, apply some pressure to stop the bleeding.
- Keep the injured area in an elevated position.
- Get medical assistance.
- A tetanus injection is advised to prevent infection and locked jaw.
Phone Your Doctor
All human bites must be examined by your doctor particularly in case of:
- Skin is broken or cracked.
- The skin turns red.
- Inflammation of the skin.
- Pain affecting the bitten area.
- Discharge of pus from the skin.
- If the bite is affecting the eye or anywhere on the face.
- If the casualty has a frail immune system (particularly if they have cancer or AIDS).
Prevention Of Human Bites
- Don’t place your hand near the mouth of a person who is having a seizure as this can lead to a severe bite.
- Make sure your child doesn’t develop a biting habit.