- Get rid of that bloated feeling by eliminating carbonated drinks and foods that cause wind. Sit down while eating and exercise regularly.
- Most people have experienced the sensation of being swollen or bloated, when your stomach is tense, inflated and sore.
- It generally happens after a busy weekend or over an important holiday. But for some individuals, being bloated is more than a rare inconvenience.
If your abdomen or stomach regularly feels bloated, it could be as a result of:
- Too much wind;
- Consuming air (when either eating or talking);
- Coeliac disease; and
- Intolerance to certain foods.
Eliminate foods known to cause bloating and wind, such as:
- Beans; and
- If you experience constipation, eat a high fiber diet to get rid of it, drink lots of liquids and exercise on a regular basis.
- Even a 20-minute quick walk can improve your bowel function.
- Swallowing too much air must be avoided.
- Don’t speak while you are eating food, be seated while eating, decrease the quantity of carbonated drinks you drink, and eat with your mouth closed so that you’re not gulping down too much air.
- Coeliac disease is a general digestive disorder where your intestine can’t take in gluten which is in barley, wheat and rye.
- Aside from bloating, if you experience Coeliac disease, eating foods with gluten can also cause stomach pain, diarrhea and exhaustion.
- Visit your doctor for a blood analysis if you think you may have Coeliac disease.
- There is no treatment for Coeliac disease, but once the disorder has been identified, changing to a diet which is gluten-free ought to help.
Related Video On Being Bloated